India is a land of diverse cultures and traditions, and this diversity is reflected in its literature as well. While the Indian literary scene has long been dominated by the works of classic authors, contemporary Indian writers are now making their mark in the thriller genre. These books not only keep readers on the edge of their seats, but also provide a unique perspective on Indian society and culture. From gripping psychological thrillers to crime novels and detective stories, Indian thriller books offer a wide range of options for readers looking for a thrilling read. In this article, we will take a look at some of the best Indian thriller authors that are sure to keep you hooked till the end.
- Chetan Bhagat is an Indian author known for his fiction and non-fiction books. He has written a few thrillers such as “Half Girlfriend,” “One Indian Girl” and “Revolution 2020” which is a political thriller. His books often deal with themes of love, relationships, and Indian youth culture.
- Ravi Subramanian: He is a well-known Indian author known for his thrillers set in the banking and financial sector. Some of his popular books include “The Incredible Banker,” “The Bankster,” and “The Banker’s Wife.”
- Ashwin Sanghi: He is a bestselling Indian author of thriller novels. He is best known for his books “The Rozabal Line,” “Chanakya’s Chant,” and “The Krishna Key.” His books are a mix of history, mythology, and fiction.
- Vikrant Khanna: He is an Indian author known for his thriller series, “Mumbai Avengers.” His books are set in the backdrop of Mumbai and deal with themes of organized crime, terrorism, and corruption.
- Preeti Shenoy: She is an Indian author known for her psychological thrillers. Her books include “The Secret Wish List,” “The One You Cannot Have,” and “Life is What You Make It.”
- Anuja Chauhan: She is an Indian author known for her romantic thriller “The Zoya Factor.” The book is a mix of romance, mystery, and fiction.
- Fawaz Jaleel : Fawaz Jaleel is an Indian author specialising in political thriller including Nobody Likes An Outsider and short stories like “Alternate Identities” and “From The Land Of Palaces”. His books are deeply rooted with Indian political history and affairs.
- R.K. Narayan: He is an Indian author known for his detective novels. His books include “The English Teacher,” “The Financial Expert,” and “The Guide.” His books are set in the fictional town of Malgudi, and his detective is a common man who solves crimes.
- Amitav Ghosh is an Indian author best known for his novels and non-fiction books on historical and political issues. He has written several books that can be classified as thrillers, including “The Shadow Lines”, “The Glass Palace”, “The Hungry Tide”, and “Sea of Poppies”. These books often blend elements of historical fiction, mystery, and adventure to create a gripping narrative.
- Novoneel Chakraborty is an Indian author known for his thriller novels. Some of his popular books include “Forget Me Not Stranger”, “A Thing Beyond Forever”, “That Kiss in the Rain”, “How about a Sin Tonight” and “Black Suits You”. His books often feature complex, multi-layered plots and well-developed characters, and explore themes such as love, relationships, and the darker aspects of human nature.
In conclusion, Indian thriller authors have made a mark in the literary scene with their gripping and suspenseful novels. With unique perspectives on Indian society and culture, these books offer a thrilling reading experience that will keep readers hooked till the end.